The New UP® Wristband Captures Heart Rate, Detailed Sleep Stages and Automatic Workouts Through an Advanced Multi-Sensor Platform
SINGAPORE – November 5, 2014 – Jawbone® today announced UP3™, a multi-sensor activity tracker that provides in-depth information about your health and fitness.
Inside its slim design, the patented multi-sensor platform in UP3 collects and analyzes a wide range of biometric signals, delivering actionable insights specific to you:
● Multi-sensor Platform: The advanced multi-sensor platform includes a new tri-axis accelerometer, sophisticated bioimpedance sensors, and skin and ambient temperature sensors. Using this technology, UP3 delivers resting heart rate – a key indicator of your overall heart health – and will capture more health data through future firmware updates.
● Advanced Sleep: UP3 captures detailed sleep stages including REM, Light and Deep sleep, providing in-depth information on your sleep and what you can do to improve it.
● Advanced Activity: New smart algorithms allow UP3 to automatically identify workouts and classify your activities, including running, cross-training, tennis, and many more.
● Smart Coach: UP3 connects with the industry-leading UP App to bring you Smart Coach – an intelligent system that keeps track of your progress and gives you personalised guidance to help you reach your goals faster. The more information UP3 captures about your sleep, activity, meals and other biometric signals, the more Smart Coach can do for you.
● Smart Design: Designed by leading industrial designer, Yves Behar, UP3 features a slim, stylish, and low-profile design that you can accessorise with jewelry or watches on the wrist. With up to seven days battery life, water resistance up to 10 meters and a durable anodized aluminum framework, UP3 is one of the only trackers available that achieves true 24/7 wearability. A secure, overlapping watch-style clasp allows you to adjust UP3 to fit almost any wrist size.
“With UP3, our mission was to create the world’s most powerful tracker in the smallest possible design” said Travis Bogard, vice president of product management and strategy at Jawbone. “Our advanced, multi-sensor platform delivers a huge amount of new health data, backed by our smart algorithms and highly personalised Smart Coach system. And because UP3 is fully updateable, we’re able to unveil new features and experiences in the coming months.”
Know Your Heart Health
Advanced bioimpedance sensors allow UP3 to automatically and accurately measure your resting heart rate – defined as your heart rate upon waking up – before other influences such as movement, exercise, or caffeine set in. Through the UP App, you can see your resting heart rate change over time and understand what a healthy heart rate means for you. A free, over-the-air firmware update coming soon for UP3 will enable further health data to be captured.
Track, Understand, Act
The sophisticated multi-sensor platform in UP3 allows it to identify detailed sleep stages – REM, Light and Deep sleep – providing new insight into what happens when you’re sleeping. Stick to a consistent bedtime and de-stress before bed to try to get more Deep sleep, associated with body restoration and healing. Sleep longer to try and catch more REM sleep, associated with dreams, learning and memory consolidation.
The powerful sensors and smart algorithms in UP3 enable automatic activity detection after you’ve completed a specific activity or workout. The UP App will recognise many popular activities including running, cross-training, cardio exercise, tennis, hiking and others such as dance and Zumba. And the system learns from your behavior over time to auto-classify many other harder to recognise activities like swimming, cycling, weights or yoga.
The UP App’s Smart Coach feature uses the rich information captured by UP3 to deliver personalised guidance and challenges tailored just for you. Learn what you can do to improve your activity, sleep, diet and heart rate so you can reach your goals faster and make a greater impact on your health and well-being.
Coming in Early 2015
UP3 comes in two colors (Black Diamond, Silver Cross) and will be available for S$288. UP3 will be coming this winter to major consumer electronics stores.
The UP by Jawbone App for UP3 will be available on iOS soon as a free download from the App Store. A compatible Android app for UP3 will be available early next year.
Jawbone® is a world-leader in consumer technology and wearable devices, building hardware products and software platforms powered by data science.
Jawbone’s UP® system helps people live better by providing personalised insight into how they sleep, move and eat. Its open platform includes an ecosystem of apps and services that integrate with UP to offer new, customised experiences. The company’s approach to lifestyle tracking is unique, with over 1000 patents granted or pending related to its ecosystem and wearable technology manufacturing processes.
Jawbone is also the creator of the best-selling JAMBOX® family of wireless speakers, the award-winning Jawbone ERA® Bluetooth® headsets, and NoiseAssassin® technology.
Headquartered in San Francisco with offices globally, Jawbone products are available in over 40 countries around the world.
Visit Jawbone.com/trademarks for more information on trademarks owned by AliphCom dba Jawbone. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.